Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
32 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital which provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Backed by a talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role Scope
Inpatient Endocrinology Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
- Join a strong team-based inpatient hospital service
- Develop expertise and provide the full spectrum of inpatient diabetes management to complex population spanning all hospital service lines.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments by reviewing past medical records, interviewing patients and/or family members to obtain a complete health history and performing a complete physical assessment of the patient with glycemic dysfunction.
- Collaboration with nursing and primary teams to ensure proper and timely instruction of the patient and/or family regarding the disease process, successful self-management and strong transition of care.
- Communication with interdisciplinary team to perform and coordinate interventions, treatments and tests, to revise the patient plan of care and to assure continuity of care.
- Providing education and mentoring to members of the interdisciplinary team with less expertise and experience in diabetes management to improve overall quality of care for glycemic control and diabetes
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient/customer experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient/customer satisfaction and ensure patient safety.
- Actively participates in the work of the HHC Endocrine Collaborative Council.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology. EPIC EMR
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare's Professional Leadership Development Institute
Qualifications - External
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Master's program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) / Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Diabetes / endocrinology experience preferred
- CDCES or BC-ADM certification is a plus
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.