Hamilton Nursing and Rehab -
Hamilton Nursing & Rehabilitation is seeking a Nurse Educator / Infection Preventionist RN for our skilled nursing facility in Detroit, MI!
The Nurse Educator / Infection Preventionist RN is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating staff development and educational needs of patient care nursing staff, provider staff, customer contacts, and others. The practitioner is responsible for the prevention, investigation, monitoring and reporting of the spread of diseases in hospitals.
*New* Now offering Education Assistance:
- Get up to $5,250 per year towards tuition* or
- Get up to $2,625 per year towards paying off a Non-Federal Nursing Student Loan!*
Available Shifts: Full time
- Leads service-based clinical practice groups
- Assists in the development of clinical standard work
- Assists in the development of quality metrics and monitoring pathways
- Assists appropriate leaders to ensure all new staff are oriented and meeting competency expectations
- Conducts learning needs assessments to plan staff educational programs
- Coordinates orientation, staff development and continuing education for clinical staff
- Develops evidence-based standards of care, comprehensive nursing plans, clinical pathways for patients and families and facilitates implementation of same within telehealth services.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates educational materials, self-instructional programs, teaching protocols, and e-learning programs for nursing staff.
- Plans and schedules In-services with speakers from inside and outside Company
- Maintains master Training Planner/Schedule for all departments
- Registered Nurse of this state
- Recent experience as a nursing educator preferred
- Supervisory Nursing experience, preferably in Long-Term Care
- Knowledgeable in the principles of infection prevention and public health nursing, with practical experience necessary
- Covid Vaccine required unless an approved exemption is presented upon hiring
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including:
- Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care,
- Telemedicine Program,
- Flexible Spending Accounts,
- Health Savings Account,
- Company-Paid Group Life Insurance,
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- Commuter Benefits,
- and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick).
- Buddy Bonus: Bring a friend with you when you are hired and you'll each be awarded $1,000 on your first month's paycheck*
Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service.