- Trade capture and life cycling of structured products.
- Understanding and learn to manage query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
- New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives:
- Drive Operational readiness.
- Local management of:
- Hubs: Drive global alignment and consistency, Follow The Sun support.
- Local Market: standardize where applicable, tailored processes / controls.
- Operations representation for external / internal and regulator scheduled audits:
- Ensure Audit points are addressed within timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
- Partner with Technology to deliver transformation.
- Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency.
- Be up to date and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University degree preferred
- 3 years of experience and proficient knowledge of Financial products (FX, FXO, Rates, Treasury Market) in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L.
- Expert knowledge of FXO and Rates structured product preferred.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Confident communicator - able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues.
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions.
- Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage).
- Demonstrate strong teamwork with internal and external groups.
- Analytical mindset.
About Standard Chartered
- Structured product knowledge
- Risk and PnL knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website