Interpath Laboratory is accepting highly detail-oriented and critically thinking candidates for a Medical Laboratory role in the Core Lab (Hema/Chem) Department at the scientist/technologist or technician level for our highly complex, Main Headquarters Lab facility. This is a swing shift position that works variable days of the week from 4PM - 12:30AM. Nearly unparalleled in technology and automation, our flagship lab delights and excites, even the most experienced and accomplished scientists and academics that step foot inside of it. Our other 90+ locations range in size and scope from simple collection-only sites to highly complex labs. As the Pacific Northwest's leading Independent Reference Lab, Interpath has the resources and 'bandwidth' to bring new techs 'up to speed' and encourages new and or soon-to-be lab science graduates to apply.
Check out this video about what it's like working at Interpath https://youtu.be/iMaXUt6s9rg
Highlights of Main Job Duties:
- Ensure accurate and timely testing of collected specimens.
- Perform the full range of laboratory tests within your assigned specification / department of the Core Lab (Hema/Chem)
- Ensure accurate and timely testing of collected specimens using a microscope to evaluate cells and bacteria shape, size and color.
- Must be able to identify colorimetric redactions and color differences in crystals.
- Operate complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments.
- Evaluate test results and recognize abnormal values in specific population groups.
- Report laboratory findings to pathologist and other healthcare providers.
- Develop and modify procedures as needed.
- Establish and monitor programs, to ensure the accuracy of tests.
- Participate in all aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Administrative duties including excellent customer service to all patients, clients and employees.
This position is located at Interpath's primary lab in Pendleton, OR which performs testing in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Urinalysis and Coagulation and will work alongside a large team of professionals committed to serving patients by providing timely and accurate results to healthcare providers. Pendleton, Oregon is the perfect Western community to call home and is small town living at it's finest. Known for its friendly neighbors, beautiful landscapes and abundant outdoor activities. The region offers the kind of lifestyle the Northwest is famous for, and is paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, and includes hiking, boating, cycling, white water rafting, hunting and fishing. You'll find affordable living, as well as an active art scene, museums, restaurants, brew pubs, golf courses, and a regional airport that offers daily commercial flights to Portland.
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances presented.
Education: Must have a degree (Bachelors or Associates) in a medical / clinical lab science program
Licensure: ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent; or be eligible to sit for licensing exam in Oregon
Experience: New graduates accepted as well as individuals that have successfully completed a 50-week U.S. military medical laboratory training course
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest's leading, innovative laboratory company dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services and pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where building relationships, teamwork, curiosity, and positive attitudes are at the core! From a comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and development program which fosters career growth - we truly value our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have built since 1967.
In addition to 'above average' market compensation, Interpath also has a comprehensive benefits package. Benefit Highlights:
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
Medical Lab Techs must wear appropriate protective gear (lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield) at all times while in the lab and are regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples. Physical requirements, in addition to willingness & ability to wear protective gear while working, are:
- Ability to sit and or stand for extended period of times
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Mobility to climb stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to distinguish color and pass vision acuity test in compliance with CAP regulations
OSHA Category: This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Disabled / Veteran Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.