We need your awesome machinist skills to help maintain our high-speed, steel packaging manufacturing equipment. Your expertise will keep our equipment running at its best effeciency!
Our benefits start on day one of hire!
Schedule:4 days on and 4 days off
Shift: 6 am to 6 pm
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Operate and maintain machine shop equipment for the purpose of providing services in support of our high-speed, steel packaging manufacturing processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate machine tools, lathes, and grinders.
- Select, grind and adjust tools ensuring correct speeds and feed rates of tooling for efficient machining.
- Ensure that parts and tooling are in accordance with instructions, prints, work orders and precision requirements for both tolerance and finish.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot machinery and tooling.
- Interpret drawings, calculate & determine indices, tapers and other dimensions to be used for part(s), working raw materials into finished dimensions with exact tolerances per print.
- May be required to make drawings or sketches of parts to be made or repaired.
- Complete layout work as required.
- Perform dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance of high-speed production equipment.
- Repair and maintain all assigned machines and equipment including preventative maintenance.
- Comply with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Perform welding and heat treating as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the plant and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED) or through equivalent work experience.
- Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum.
- Proficient in the use of machine shop equipment; mills, lathes & grinders.
- Ability to learn all assigned equipment; complete on-the-job and classroom training.
Experience in the following areas:
- Heat treatment
- Brazingrm tasks over long periods of time.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.