Job Title Machinist
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for a Machinist to set up and operate a selected group of manual equipment and computer-controlled production machines to fabricate a variety of complex high to low volume parts. As a Machinist you will:
- Set up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer-controlled production machines.
- Receive processed parts and reads blueprints/sketches in order to fabricate a variety of complex, mid-low volume parts. Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves problems associated with job set up. Adheres to proper feeds, speeds and settings to maximize production levels and machine/tool life.
- Inspect own work prior to next operation. Serves as precision and operational inspector for Production Operators' work. Makes adjustments, sends work back, as necessary.
- Stack and/or moves completed work by following material handling procedures.
- Provide work direction/assistance to Production Operators on a regular basis.
- Support the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Ensure inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels.
- Use computer to expedite parts as required to meet schedule.
- Perform related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 2nd shift and will work 3pm - 11:30pm (approximately)
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 or more months of basic "MIG" welding experience.
- Must complete Raymond welding certification tests (in compliance with AWS standards) for all welding processes required for the job within 3 months.
It would be great if you had:
- Basic English grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complicated instructions and perform basic arithmetic.
- A comprehensive knowledge of reading a variety of blueprints, diagrams, sketches, specifications, etc.
- A knowledge of use of variety of job specific measuring devices.
- Intermediate computer skills are required
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $18.00 and up; depending on experience.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program