Machine Operators, starting at $16/hr.
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Brimfield, OH
Sheridan Ohio (Sheridan OH) was founded in 1985 in Brimfield, OH as The Press of Ohio. We were well known as a high-caliber print provider to the healthcare, education, biotech, and industrial vertical markets. Our reputation for embracing new technologies and developing sophisticated system controls rivaled our obsessive approach to customer care.
Coordinate, set up, operate and maintain small anxillary bindery machines and equipment. which are used to complete Bindery Operations and fulfill customer orders to quality specifications.
- Ability to understand bindery-related specifications.
- Perform make readies (m/r) on all anxillary equipment
- Follow all safety procedures and protocol.
- Read and understand the job tickets, workers, order, and all other documentation that pertains to each job.
- Interact with supervisors to facilitate daily schedules.
- Understands and carries out customer's quality requirements.
- Able to meet or exceed expected goals on make-readies, speeds, waste, and efficiencies, etc.
- The ability to operate all tools pertaining to equipment, wrenches, gauges and tape measures, etc.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when what maintenance is needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be dependable, reliable, and responsible in fulfilling obligations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot when machine malfunction
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must work well with others.
- Must be flexible and open to change when needed.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions.
- Must be proven self-starter to complete projects/work orders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pound
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- The ability 12 hour shifts
Schedule: Modified Shifts: 34.5/46 hours
Front Half Days (FHD)
Fron Half Nights (FHN)
Back Half Days (BHD)
Back Half Nights (BHN)
- FHD: 7am - 7pm: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, e/oWednesday
- FHN: 7pm - 7am: Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night and e/o Saturday night
- BHD: 7am - 7pm: e/oWednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- BHN: 7pm - 7am: Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night and e/o Saturday night
- Overtime pays time and a half after working 40 hours within the work week
- Shift premium: $1.00 for working 2nd shift, 3rd shift and over night shifts.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 330-677-3369 or .