Lifestyle (Activities) Assistant
Shifts Available: Part Time
Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls, 190 West Bath Road Cuyahoga Falls, OH
The salary range for this position is $13-$14. The starting salary will depend on location, experience, prior tenure with Maplewood/Inspir Carnegie Hill. This salary range will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and adjusted as necessary.
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being a part of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. It's not just a job. It's an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking Lifestyle Coordinator to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, company paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles and voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time employees
- Plans, schedules, and leads, recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Assist with planning the monthly calendar
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events
- Provide an afternoon social or Happy hour daily
- Successfully worked within Lifestyle budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, and supplies
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Requires an associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with a major work in recreation, occupational therapy, gerontology or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population
- Experience in an environment which focuses on dementia care, preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge: familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software
- Driver requirements; valid driver's license with good driving record. May be required to take a driving test
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening, and reference checks.
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1 st vaccine, 2 nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)