Apply for this job now
Licensed Community Association Manager
- Palm Coast, Florida
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
MAY Management Service, Inc.
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGER
Title: Community Association Manager
Supervisor: Regional Manager
• The incumbent is the primary contact for providing all MAY Management services to assigned Associations.
• Responsible for achieving high level of client satisfaction while drawing upon all MAY Management resources.
• Supervises and directs Community Assistant, ARB Coordinator (as appropriate) and Maintenance Technicians assigned to the Association. Coordinates with Client Accounting to develop Budgets and timely financial reports.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsibilities with Board of Directors and Committees:
• Attends all Board meetings, provide Boards with administrative support, prepares agendas, minutes, and distribute Board packages with agreed upon lead-time.
• Respond within 24 hours to Board requests directed to the Community Manager. Provides President with timely status reports. Important for Directors to see quick proactive action.
• Reviews Board minutes for accuracy prior to distribution.
• Creates a weekly management report to email to all board members on status of projects, violation activity, etc. Reports to be emailed to the President of MMS also for review.
• Attends committee meetings as appropriate.
• Prime liaison between Board President and the association s vendors.
• Manages Annual meeting, mails voting proxies and ballots to owners and performs other associated duties.
• Obtains and presents bids and proposals for Board consideration with brief evaluation of each option.
• Educates Board members on Florida law requirements, organization, conduct of meetings and corporate records to improve the Board s effectiveness and efficiency.
• Provides direction for Turnover committees.
Responsibilities with Owners:
• Timely response to Owners phone calls, e-mails and communications.
• Resolve Owner problems quickly.
• Timely processing of ARB/ARC applications not involving the Architectural Review Coordinator
• Inspects properties weekly and arranges for corrective action. Checks violations, vendor performance, identify physical assets needing repair.
• Enforces covenant provisions and sends violation letters.
• Proactively recommends repair needs of the Association s physical assets when required.
• Prepares work orders for maintenance personnel and contracts vendors including agreed-upon completion due date.
• Ensure maintenance personnel are satisfactorily completing routine tasks
• Follow up to ensure work is completed by the due date.
• When work order is closed out, it should include corrective action taken.
• Supervises Association s contractors and vendors.
• Recommend changes in vendors if performance does not meet expectations.
• Works the draft Annual budget in concert with Client Accounting for Finance committee and/or Board presentation.
• Conducts a detailed review of each month s financial reports, including the general ledger, to ensure accuracy.
• Works with Client Accounting to correct discrepancies prior to distribution.
• Prepares a variance report for the current month and year-to-date for Board presentation. Identifies potential problems and unfavorable variances, which may jeopardize achieving the year-end budget results.
• Provides supervision to direct reports, critiquing performance and training to correct deficiencies.
• Reviews and approves Timeclock Manager for payroll processing.
• Prepares annual performance review.
• Interviews new hire candidates with Manager HR and Regional Manager.
• Trains new hires on daily operations concerning Office and Associations.
• Demonstrates good management practices in supervision of direct reports.
Position encompasses all of MAY Management s resources to achieve a very high level of client satisfaction. Incumbent is required to develop a strong working relationship with Association Presidents and Directors to be constantly aware of the health of the working relationship. Common sense, being proactive and working quickly and efficiently are key elements of success. Failure to perform at levels acceptable to the Association may result in loss of clients, loss of revenue to MAY Management and will adversely affect the reputation of MAY Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• CAM license
• Ideally, an Associates or BA degree, or commiserate experience
• 2 years Community Management experience
• Community Management and Accounting courses
• Thoroughly understands provisions of Florida law, Chapter 718 and 720.
• Knows how to read financial statements
• Familiar with the construction and condition of the Association s physical assets to identify repair needs.
• Knows appropriate vendor to call to correct physical faults.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Well organized - able to prioritize
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal
• Pro active - able to assess situations quickly and take appropriate action.
• High sense of urgency
• Sensitive to clients. Diplomatic
• Displays good common sense
• Confident - not afraid to make a mistake
• Be objective - don t take criticism personally
• Willing to give effective (good and bad) feedback to direct reports.
• Able to work quickly and efficiently; manage a heavy workload.
• Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to handle difficult situations tactfully.
• Board presidents, Board members, Committee chairs, Owners
• Direct reports, Manager HR, Client Accounting personnel
• Community Assistants
• Maintenance Technicians
• ARC Coordinator (if applicable)
• Coordinates with Client Accounting
- Job Reference: 673991794-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: MAY Management Services, Inc.
- Location: Palm Coast, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent