The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Group has a great new opportunity for a Lead Systems Administrator in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
What does the N2NOMS Program do?
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the command's enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. In this role, you will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, and Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. This position will report directly to the Technical Operation Manager.
Clearance: An active DOD Secret Clearance and eligibility to obtain Top Secret/SCI are required to qualify for this role.
What will you do in this role?
• Lead an all-star team of journeymen and junior applications system administrators responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of NORAD USNORTHCOM applications servers
• Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG s) policies in the NIPR / SIPR applications server environment
• Provide updates to current and new systems, implement critical application patches, respond to incidents, schedule O&M activities, and coordinate all customer related issues
• Act as the Lead Applications System Administrator and is considered a subject matter expert on application projects, application upgrades, Active Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, GPO management and systems administration while providing Tier 2/3 support
• Organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment
• Develop functional requirements through interaction with the Technical Manager and government service owner, and coordinate with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
• Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy to customer requirements and contract policies
• Learn and provide training to junior personnel on new system changes as needed
• Manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelors with 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in place of a degree
• Must hold a current and active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must hold current CompTIA Security+ ce
• Must hold current Server 2012/2016 MCSA or MCSE certification
• Possess strong working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
• Proficient in managing a SharePoint server environment
• Knowledgeable in supporting a SQL server environment and able to write SQL queries and scripts
• Experience working in a Hypervisor environment
• Understands network topologies, both transport and IP
• Available for on-call support as required
• Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
• Experience in executing the tasks associated with leading and managing small teams
These are the preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in the associated field
• Ivanti server experience
• System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) server experience
• Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Possess excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation, and problem management skills
• Able to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiar with NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
• Experience with managing SharePoint Farms, SQL Databases, SCCM, OpenFire Chat, TMT, HP trim Content Manager and Ivanti servers in a Hypervisor environment.
Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.