Were searching for a Lead Strategy and Business Planner to lead, conduct, and support strategic and business planning initiatives and provides analysis and conclusive interpretation to enhance Childrens strategic, business, and service development decision-making and planning efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leads, conducts, and supports strategic and business planning initiatives to enhance strategic, business, and service development decision-making and planning efforts.
- Works with management team, physician leaders and other stakeholders in developing solutions to ensure fulfillment of strategic goals.
- Leads and manages projects and initiatives from start to finish to accomplish set objectives.
- Supports enterprise strategic planning efforts and annual update.
- Analyze and monitor the hospitals service line portfolio mix including financial and market performance to assist in business and strategic planning activities.
- Leads and manages tactical plan development across clinical divisions, business units and services.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities to ensure the development, communication, and execution of plans.
- Supports strategic objectives and opportunities to increase efficiencies, improve costs, quality and service, and market position.
- Identify risks and barriers and ways to mitigate them.
- Serves as planning and business liaison to targeted service lines.
- Meets with key stakeholders to present and review data output to improve operational performance, support decisions, and enhance planning efforts.
- Supports the development of organizational and cascading scorecards for the enterprise.
- Relies on extensive experience, analytics and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Applies project management, facilitation, and process improvement methodologies and identifying and applying appropriate best practices from within and outside the organization.
- Leads and/or participates in various ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Provides analysis and conclusive interpretation to enhance strategic, business, and service development decision-making and planning efforts.
- Provides support, direction, consultation based on forecasting and modeling, market information, and other related internal and external data sources, to develop and track strategic and business plans and intelligence.
- Identifies industry trends, conducts research and benchmarks with other health care organizations to understand key issues and apply them.
- Maintains a working understanding of the regional and national health care marketplace and Childrens position in it; applies this understanding to advance the organizations strategic thinking.
- Researches, analyzes, and interprets data by monitoring hospital, health care environment, market and competitor information to continually identify opportunities, threats and trends to support the planning, marketing and enterprise risk management activities of the organization.
- Analyze and evaluate highly complex business and market data; interpret data for the purpose of determining organizational/program performance, trends and/or probability; perform and consult on analysis/evaluation.
- Utilize forecasting and projection techniques to enhance strategic and business planning.
- Analyze and monitor hospitals service line portfolio mix including financial and market performance to assist in business and strategic planning activities.
- Analyzes and monitors metrics and return on investment indicators to track the effectiveness of strategic initiatives, business plans, marketing and promotional efforts.
- Ability in developing / leading / facilitating strategic and business planning activities and teams comprised of executive leadership and clinical staff.
- Experience using structured organization change and project management methodologies.
- Experience with applying process improvement methodologies
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and project management.
- Requires demonstrated ability to organize and execute work independently and effectively within frequent deadlines.
- Independent problem-solving skills and statistical analysis techniques required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to lead data exploration with key stakeholders to draw conclusions and make data driven business decisions
- Requires ability to maintain effective interpersonal skills with internal and external staff and audiences.
- Requires proven analytical skills with ability to organize, maintain, process and analyze vast amounts of information and complex issues and communicate findings in a clear, concise manner including verbally, graphically and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn and operate computer software programs. Prefer working knowledge of: database management (SQL and Access); spreadsheet (Excel); graphics (PowerPoint); word-processing (Word); statistics (SPSS, SAS); geographic information systems (ESRI ArcMap); SAP Business Objects 4.1; Tableau; and Business Intelligence Systems. Knowledge of healthcare strategic intelligence systems such as SG2 and/or Truven preferred.
- Strong understanding of clinical data, preferably from EPIC, with experience in a clinical environment preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, finance, management information systems, marketing, computer science, or related fields required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in strategic planning, business development, program evaluation, market research and analysis required.
- Experience in a health care environment and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.