At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Satellite Production Engineering is seeking an experienced, highly skilled Launch & Operation Integration Engineer to join their team in Tukwila, WA. You will provide project and technical support and ensure common practices across programs and product lines for definition of launch interfaces, documentation of engineering requirements, and analyses of launch and ascent environments.
The Launch & Operation Integration Engineer supports a multi-skilled, multi-disciplined team in the execution of a launch campaign of an assigned satellite in accordance with customer requirements, business objectives, and Boeing processes. Within the scope of launch, this role will support project execution to complete the work statement and coordinate with all internal and external partners. The successful candidate will have strong communication and collaboration skills and the capability to execute while balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
Location: Work locations will include sites that are within 10 miles of Tukwila, WA. Travel required 25% of the time. Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a wide range of operations requirements for the spacecraft in the factory and launch site processing facility
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance post start for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Coordinate satellite processing activities as it relates to ground operations at the launch site and shipping logistics
- Support operations planning, schedule tracking, and launch site inventories
- Accountable for detailed staffing plan for campaign execution
- Coordinate the utilization of shared company resources
- Generate procedures, participates in development, design, and manufacturing of launch site specific ground support operations
- Support verification events (e.g. factory fit checks, sweep test, etc.)
- Coordinate with the I&T team to ensure proper space vehicle testing requirements are met by launch site organizations
- Plan, coordinate reviews, coordinate launch team training requirements, and support a space vehicle pre-ship and launch site readiness reviews
- Review tasking, milestone tracking, performance to schedules, tactical problem solving, and meeting support coordination.
- Define and implement requirements for successful campaign from numerous and diverse integrated product teams (e.g. logistics, propulsion, security)
- Develop travel documentation (e.g. crew briefing, pre-departure briefing)
- Support post-launch closeout process (follow-up action item, lessons learned)
- Requires working at remote launch site environments where it is necessary to deal with unforeseen challenges, crisis management, and effectively address issues in a timely manner in order to maintain critical milestone dates
- Ensure team member's use established Boeing Space and Launch systems processes, procedures, and best practices as appropriate
- Manages ITAR and EAR exports to customers and launch services providers
- Majority of work performed onsite; limited availability for virtual support
- 25% travel is required with extended duration for launch campaign duration
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or other technical degree.
- Experience with spacecraft integration and test including associated flight and ground hardware, software, procedures and facilities
- 5+ years of experience in leading multi-skilled teams
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance post start for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience
- 5 or more years of full time aerospace industry experience within Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Launch operations or Production engineering
- Launch systems engineering and operations experience
- Satellite systems integration and test experience
- Experience interfacing with external customers, subcontractors, launch vehicle suppliers
- Experience reviewing/evaluating technical drawings and documents is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Range and Range Safety
- Experience with clean work area and clean room protocols preferred
- Experience with hazardous operations and contingency planning preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Union Position:
This is a union represented position.
Eligible for 3ERP Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.