Under direction of the Americas Investment Strategy Implementation team, the Investment Analyst will work within delegated authorities on specific assignments and coordination to achieve the following purpose:
Achieve superior risk-adjusted returns through expert investment risk management, optimal portfolio construction, and efficient execution of Zurich's US and Canadian insurance investment portfolios.
The Investment Analyst will support the oversight and day-to-day management of Zurich's investment management value chain, including strategic and tactical asset and risk allocation, asset management implementation, cash management, management of key stakeholders and operational relationships and services providers. Additionally, she or he will collaborate among members of various teams to provide support to Zurich's Group Investment Management (GIM) and Insurance Business Units (BUs).
The Investment Analyst position will be based out of New York City or Los Angeles.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, engineering or economics and 4 or more years of experience in asset management and/or investment management OR
- Master's degree and 2 years of experience in in asset management and/or investment management area AND
- Experience in data science and analytical modeling
- Knowledge of portfolio management, including knowledge of investment techniques and asset allocation, investment research, asset manager implementation, and capital markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
- Familiarity of capital markets, public and private markets asset classes, risk factors, and the institutional investment value chain
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products, including Azure, and Power BI
- Basic Bloomberg skills are a strong plus
- Programming (e.g., Python, R), data science, research skills, and analytical modeling are a strong plus
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York, AM - Los Angeles
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MG1