Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for executing departmental inventory counts, processing, and sorting damaged or defective and/or return to vendor merchandise, reducing salvage, obtaining return authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping sellable merchandise. Works cross-functionally within departments to complete related inventory control responsibilities.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures, and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Works proactively with department teams to track, plan, coordinate and execute department inventory counts control county cycles as prescribed by Home Office within assigned deadlines.
- Follow count processes and procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor chargebacks, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged, defective, and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory. Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Conducts daily club safety walks in the absence of RTV.
- Understands the company's community donation programs and administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using proper seal and shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows established safety, filing organization, and lock-up standards.
- Enters weekly front door recoveries into case management system weekly or as directed by AP Supervisor.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Basic math skills required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.
- Forklift training skills optional.