Zurich is currently looking for an Internal Control Analyst or Sr Internal Controls Analyst to work out of our North American Headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois OR this person can work remotely.
Primary responsibilities include supporting management to ensure internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with the Group Internal Control Integrated Framework (ICIF), with the main area of focus being financial controls. Work with an experienced team to bring innovative solutions to management to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment. Support manager and senior internal control analysts to understand the root cause of errors identified and help develop remediation plans.
This role will be filled at the Internal Controls Analyst or Sr Internal Controls Analyst level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant's experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role:
- Ability to analyze processes to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Ability to design and implement appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate company risks
- Recognize the impact of major external or internal changes to the control environment
- Participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls based on organizational transformations
- Bring a systematic and disciplined approach to maintain the control environment
- Ability to document processes from start to finish through the collaboration with subject matter experts
- Ability to design and execute the testing of internal controls and facilitate the related remediation for any control deficiencies identified
- Develop presentations tailored to audiences at various levels and business functions to communicate internal control findings
- Ability to promote and educate cross functional partners on the importance of internal controls
- Support the business and Internal Controls team in automating controls and testing where appropriate
Basic Qualifications (Internal Controls Analyst):
- Bachelor's degree and no prior experience required in the accounting or finance area OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance area
Preferred Qualifications (Internal Controls Analyst):
- Insurance industry experience
- 1 to 2 years experience related to internal controls
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Basic Qualifications (Sr Internal Controls Analyst):
- Bachelor's degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance area OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Professional, including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Accounting and Finance area AND
- General ledger transactional experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with Business Objectives or other query tools
Preferred Qualifications (Sr Internal Controls Analyst):
- Insurance industry experience
- 1 or more years' experience related to internal / external audit
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite and Visio experience
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Schaumburg, AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MG1