CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
ABC Refrigeration is now part of the CoolSys Family of Companies. ABC continues to be driven by the same intense focus on customer service, quality, and value that made us a market-leader in the Northeast.
We are hiring!JOB SUMMARY
The Installation Supervisor is responsible for the profitable execution and delivery of Installation services in a specific geography or for a specific specialty (e.g. HVAC, EMS, etc.). The Installation Supervisor also serves as a technical lead and/or mentor to other technicians in his/her area of responsibility, as well as a technical resource on projects, depending on business needs and customer demand.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESProject/Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in managing the Installation P/L for a specific geography.
- Oversees and ensures project level profitability.
- Coordinates and plans Installation projects:
- Oversees procurement of materials, permits, supplies;
- Orchestrates schedule;
- Forecasts manpower requirements.
- Reports on job status/performance.
- Ensures customer expectations are met.
- Effectively resolves issues and problems
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with customers, GCs and subcontractor.
JOB REQUIREMENTSBusiness/Project Management:
- Interviews, selects, hires and oversees onboarding of Foremen and Installation crews.
- Manages performance and provides training, coaching and performance feedback to Apprentices, Journeyman and Foreman
- Uses metrics to drive accountability and performance.
- Ensures compliance of Installation policies and procedures, including project tracking, safety, time and attendance, etc.
- Ensures use of PPE and the application of safe behavior, including driving, by all employees.
- May oversee 3rd party resources.
- High school diploma, GED, or completion of trade program or technical school. College degree is a plus.
- 5 + years of experience in commercial construction, or a related industry.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices, including labor hour estimation, forecasting, and multiple disciplines involved in area of responsibility.
- Proficiency in understanding and managing P&L.
- Proficient in managing multiple assignments, setting and balancing competing priorities with strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to solve problems and apply good judgement.
- Excellent verbal/nonverbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including an ability to proactively address customer issues and concerns and ability to forge strong working relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to understand and follow all company policies and procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws.
- Ability to use typical business tools including E-Mail, Word, Excel, Work Order/Dispatch Software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, etc.
- Good driving record.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV) is required for all positions. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.#CRA2021
- 2+ years of experience as a Foreman or other supervisory position.
- Experience in hiring and managing subcontractors preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated experience managing a diverse and multi-discipline workforce.
- Proficient in coaching, training, developing and building a team.
- Proficient in managing time, delegating assignments and following through to ensure good results.