Apply for this job now
IA-DHS-ET2-Solutions Architect ICAR
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
The Solutions Architect is responsible for analyzing and documenting the current Department of Human Services (DHS) technology systems.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for analyzing and documenting the current Department of Human Services (DHS) technology systems, including internal components as well as external interfaces for systems integration and data sharing with external systems. In addition, the Solutions Architect will assist with the application architecture, design and documenting of new COTS and/or custom-built software solutions for DHS systems.
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of DHS's IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family's every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise, then this is the role for you!
DHS is seeking a Solutions Architect operating at the program management level of the project team to analyze and document the As-Is environment of the Iowa Collection and Reporting (ICAR) System. ICAR is the Case Management System for Child Support Recovery which is more than 25 years old and runs on a mainframe platform. The overall ICAR re-platform project intends to move this system from the mainframe to a modern platform, without impacting overall functionality. This will improve security, achieve better cost effectiveness, and make it easier to modernize the overall system. The scope of the project may include the implementation of a modern software architecture platform and/or the procurement of new software modules to meet business and technology requirements. The migration from the current applications to the future-state platform may involve the modernization or replacement of legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of system-to-system interfaces.
• Understanding data architecture, data movement, data curation and data sharing techniques
• Analyze and document existing applications, including data architecture, system-to-system interfaces and any associated business rules or technical constraints
• Using Unified Markup Language (UML) to deliver application architecture documentation, including activity diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagrams and sequence diagrams
• Serve as an application architecture Subject Matter Expert (SME) while working with software vendors to develop the approach for systems integration, data warehousing and/or phased migration activities, including the remediation of any associated interface/conversion impacts
• Participate in the RFI/RFP process for systems module selection
• Understanding API Management, Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), microservices and additional systems integration concepts
A successful candidate for this role is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience with and/or working knowledge of Mainframe systems, ADSO/IDMS is a plus
• Extensive experience designing application architectures based on a microservices architecture and/or modular approach
• An understanding of cloud technologies and associated benefits
• An extensive understanding of Unified Markup Language (UML) and other techniques for documenting technology systems
• Experience using Enterprise Architecture tools
• In-depth experience with the software development lifecycles and software development methodologies
• Experience delivering results on systems integration projects involving business transformation
• Experience delivering in an Agile / iterative delivery environment, including a working knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of personalities and work styles
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Job Reference: 673979754-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: Global Pharmatek
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent