Human Resources Business PartnerRequisition ID Category
Human Resources Business PartSegment
Kaman Aerospace# of Openings
The HR Business Partner role will be responsible for a wide variety of human resources tasks and initiatives within the KamanComposites business in Bennington, VT. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional to learn, develop and add value to a growing organization.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and leadership for Human Resources function including, but not limited to employee relations, staffing and talent development, benefits/payroll administration and employee engagement.
- Serve as a point of contact on HR topics, questions and issues for all employees and managers.
- Collaborates effectively with supervisors on their departmental staffing needs and develops/executes strategy for recruiting high caliber talent.
- Provide leadership and expertise for HR function on employee relations issues to ensure all employees receive fair and equitable treatment. Ensure that routine and complex employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved to drive a work environment that is compliant with Company's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Coach, advise, counsel, and provide candid constructive feedback to People Leaders
- Maintain all HR systems and files with timely and accurate updates. Develop and maintain the facility affirmative action plan, employee personnel files, I-9 documentation, continual education support, training records, etc.
- Identifies learning and development needs and develops/implements initiatives specific to business to address skill gaps; Consults with learning & development organization in the development of programs.
- Create, implement and deliver training programs for varying levels of individuals. Consult with managers and supervisors to assess training needs and develop programs to match needs.
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited college/university
- Master's Degree in Human Resource Management and/or Industrial Relations preferred
- 1 year of human resources related work experience (may include internship experience)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
- Some knowledge of the general technical field of human resources and human resources practices.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment.
- Requires fluent verbal and written communication skills, good problem solving and organizational skills.
- Possess strong problem solving skills that are effective in addressing workforce issues or change initiatives.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and persuasion skills that command the respect of both the management and employee groups; ability to clearly and concisely frame issues and clarify problems and influence/coach supervision is needed. Must be able to effectively partner with peers and market ideas to a diverse leadership team.
- Is a self-starter and demonstrates exceptional integrity.
- Experience working with Human Capital Management (HCM) systems
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.