Human Resource Generalist
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Random Lake, WI
Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
We are looking to add an enthusiastic Human Resource Generalist to the HR team.
- The HR Generalist will help the HR Manager run the daily functions of the department and will be involved in a wide range of HR related tasks.
- An initial focus for this position will include:
- Recruiting, onboarding, and retention;
- Contributing to a positive and engaging workplace environment
- Assisting employees and management in a helpful and responsive manner
- Accurate and timely support of various HR tasks, including payroll, benefits, disability/leave, and safety/workers compensation, and other tasks as directed by the HR Manager.
- To grow and develop as a fully qualified Human Resource professional.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers and supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Regularly works in HRIS, entering new hires, changes, terminations
- Assist with implementing employee recognition programs.
- Provides support to employees in various HR-related areas such as benefits and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Promotes HR programs to create an efficient and healthy workplace.
- Assists the implementation of Human Resources policies.
- Gathers and analyzes data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Maintains employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Administers medical leaves and family leaves as needed
- Works with the Benefits Manager with enrollment, changes, and annual open enrollment
- Monitors and updates bulletin board communications.
- Support the CJK Group Core Values effort throughout the company.
- Works closely with the Corporate Safety Manager in implementing programs and training, completing reports, etc.
- Backs up HR Manager function as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience recruiting and onboarding employees.
- Able to connect and build positive relationships with employees and management.
- Good communicator, listener, and problem-solver.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and utmost confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- At least three years of Human Resources Assistant, Generalist and/or Recruiting experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP certification, or HRCI's PHR certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 920-994-2780 or .