Thanks for checking out our vacancy, we're delighted you want to learn more about Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Dechra are a growing, global specialist within the world of veterinary pharmaceuticals. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Here at Dechra, our values are embedded within our culture and thrive within our family of almost 2000 colleagues globally. From manufacturing to marketing, (D)edication, (E)njoyment, (C)ourage, (H)onesty, (R)elationships and (A)mbition are at the heart of our everyday operations and the way we do business
To ensure that the Skipton site is optimised to deliver the One Dechra objectives, building on the values and engagement on site. Using organisation design to align the strategic plans to maximise the potential of the site through resource and skills planning, job design and development activities. Lead and inspire the site HR team and senior leadership team members, connecting them to the wider Dechra team, by being an Ambassador of the Dechra Values and drive the Dechra and site strategy, including the HR agenda. Main Responsibilities
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Business Partnering - Support the Site Director to drive better ways of working to add value to the business. Develop site people plan, aligned to the five year divisional plan. Ensure HR partnering at all levels to identify and lead change activities on site to maximise delivery of commercial and operational excellence.
- Organisation Design using the strategic plan as a starting point, determine optimal organisation design to maximise site performance in accordance with Dechra/Divisional design principles; review and adjust in the light of changing circumstances and experience as required.
- Job design/Job Evaluation and Grading Specification of individual roles; evaluation and grading of all roles using agreed methodology, and ensuring Divisional consistency and alignment.
- Resource and Skills Planning working closely with key stakeholders, determine and develop mid to long term site resource plans taking account of growth, future skill requirements, workforce demographics etc.
- Employee Lifecycle responsible for driving standards for delivery of employee lifecycle, including onboarding, life events and exit from business. Manage the PDR processes across the site, ensuring alignment with divisional and site plans.
- Systems Ensure effective use of Dechra systems, and data to drive decision making in an appropriate way.
- Employee Relations Responsibility for the maintenance and development of relationships with employee representatives in the Works Council. Identification and resolution of individual and collective ER issues including consultation, dispute resolution, disciplinary and grievance issues. As well as ensuring manger competence in these issues through training and coaching.
- Reward and recognition Lead and deploy annual reward cycle activities, ensuring alignment with divisional principles and timescales. Review current practices and recommend appropriate changes in line with wider Dechra objectives, fairness and best practice.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Develop, agree and monitor KPI's to quantify performance in key areas of HR activity. Propose and initiate corrective actions based on KPI reporting. Managing resources and budgets, and yet ensuring consistent achievement of KPI targets
- Diversity and Inclusion Ownership and oversight of site D&I agenda, ensuring alignment with Divisional strategy and plans, and incorporating D&I perspective into all site-based HR activity.
- Employee connectivity In conjunction with Talent and Engagement Specialist, take a lead role in the roll-out of project to digitally connect employees through hand-held devices and any subsequent issues to enhance employee connectivity (transaction, communication, training, engagement)
- Engagement Plan work with key stakeholders to develop and agree a site employee engagement plan using survey data and local insights. To be implemented by Talent and Engagement Specialist. Design, develop and lead site communications at all levels. Consider local employer brand, planning and executing activities to improve this to support resourcing plans
- Training & Development Formulate site training, development and qualifications plan with management buy in, within budget to facilitate an effective operation. Ensure all compliance training is completed within deadlines
Here at Dechra we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We're particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- Degree Educated/CIPD (or equivalent experience)
- Must have experience in a HR Business Partnering role with generalist skills
- Sound knowledge and application in reward, employee relations, talent, development, employee engagement and employment law
- Experience of handling Fast paced, delivery within a HR environment
- Works council/trade union experience
- Lateral thinker capable of delivering imaginative, pragmatic solutions with high commercial acumen
- Demonstrated in career outstanding Change Agent capabilities and gets results through people
- Comfortable communicating in any small to medium size audience in an inspiring and credible way
- Commercial awareness with the ability to support the business by developing flexible plans whilst anticipating business challenges