Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Evolenteers make a difference wherever they are, whether it is at a medical center, in the office, or while working from home across 48 states. We empower you to work from where you work best, which makes juggling careers, families, and social lives so much easier. Through our recognition programs, we also highlight employees who live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing their whole selves to work each day. If youre looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, dont just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it. Why Were Worth the Application:
What Youll Be Doing:
- We continue to grow year over year.
- Recognized as a leader in driving important diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) efforts () .
- Achieved a 100% score two years in a row on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index making us a best place to work for LGBTQ+ equality.
- Named to Parity.orgs 2020 list of the best companies for women to advance () .
- Continued to prioritize the employee experience and achieved an 87% overall engagement score on our last employee survey.
- Published an annual DE&I report () to share our progress on how were building an equitable workplace.
Evolent Health is looking for an Attorney to be a key member of the Legal Department. The Attorney will play a critical role in executing Evolent Healths mission by assisting with day-to-day and long-term legal counseling and strategy. Under general guidance and supervision of the Vice President, Associate General Counsel, the Attorney will prepare and review a variety of complex contracts and provide legal counsel, guidance and representation to Evolent Health as requested on complex legal and operational issues. The ideal candidate will be experienced in health care contracting. Responsibilities
The Experience You'll Need (Required):
- Provide sound and efficient legal advice and counsel on a wide range of state and federal regulatory issues related to Evolents business and operations, including but not limited to: general corporate transactions, managed care, health reform, HIPAA, ERISA, provider and vendor contracting, compliance, population health, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with providers, vendors, managed care customers, and other third parties to ensure compliance with applicable statutes, case law, governmental regulations and Evolent policy guidelines. Analyze and advise business owners of contractual terms and their implications and finalize the agreement consistent with the risk tolerance of Evolent, producing clean and accurate legal documents
- Assist Evolent business and operations with risk identification and management. Assist in development of methods for achieving Evolent goals, such as updating template agreements and standardization of legal terms
- Coordinate with Compliance Department as it relates to legal issues, including assisting with compliance investigations and audits as needed
- Draft and review significant correspondence and other documents on behalf of Evolent. Use skill, knowledge and experience to assist Evolent in amicably resolving disputes with third parties
- Partner with various business units as they pertain to the provision of legal services; establish and maintain working relationships with all department personnel relative to the legal service function
- Research and apply state and federal requirements to operational issues
- Perform other legal tasks as assigned and necessary
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing with a state bar
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Law firm and/or in-house legal department experience in health care legal and regulatory areas
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic work setting
- Successfully able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong sense of ethics, roll-up sleeves attitude, and good sense of humor
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 Mbps and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all its employees, partners and patients and complies with all applicable local, state, and federal law regarding COVID health and vaccination requirements. Evolent expects all employees to also comply. We currently require all employees who may voluntarily return to our Evolent offices to be vaccinated and invite all employees regardless of vaccination status to remain working from home. Certain jobs require face-to-face interaction with our providers and patients in client facilities or homes. Employees working in such roles will be required to meet our vaccine requirements without exception or exemption. Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation Range: The minimum salary for this position is $140,000, plus benefits. Salaries are determined by the skill set required for the position and commensurate with experience and may vary above and below the stated amounts.