The Zurich Travel Management Team is currently seeking a Head of Corporate Travel Management that will be responsible for program performance for all travel-related suppliers, managing supplier relationships and contract negotiations, supporting reporting with analytics and insights, and developing strategic solutions that cultivate employee experience, technology and sustainable solutions.
Ideally this role will work out of our North American headquarters in Schaumburg, IL, however we will consider experienced candidates outside of this location to work virtually.
- Responsible for the strategic management of the travel/meetings and events programs
- Provides oversight for all transactional, procedural and contractual obligations
- Participates in the development and negotiation of service level agreements as required
- Drive continuous improvements for the function or organization by planning and facilitating regular operation reviews with key stakeholders to communicate performance metrics, discuss high level issues and opportunities for process and/or system enhancements to improve operational efficiency
- Coordinates and supports communications, progress and best practices in executing tactical and operational travel management activities
- Monitors and reports on performance targets including service level agreements (SLA) and support adhoc reports for analysis and insights
- Reviews travel policy guidelines to assess travelers' compliance on all spend categories
- Monitors travel policy and implements change based on behavioral KPIs
- Ensures continuous improvements in the online travel booking tool and ensure enhancements are deployed accurately
- Provides an ongoing online educational support to travelers including but not limited to communicating recommendations
- Build strong working relationships with travel suppliers and carriers
Bachelors Degree and 9 or more years of experience in the Supplier Management and Operation area
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 11 or more years of experience in the Supplier Management and Operation area
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 9 or more years of experience in the Supplier Management and Operation area
Experience with Microsoft Office
Knowledge of the insurance industry and the insurance regulatory environment
Experience leading operational initiatives and/or work streams
Ability to lead project teams
Ability to multi-task
Strong verbal and communication skills
Experience in collaborating across work groups and/or companies
Ability to travel internationally 10-25%
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Schaumburg, AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-PC1