Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Flint/Grand Blanc Office is looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Carpenter.
Carpenters maintain the interior and exterior of buildings, including apartments, mechanical rooms and common areas. This includes the repairing of reported items, which need service in both apartments and common areas, as well as preventive maintenance as needed.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Complete repairs on building exteriors at heights of up to 50 feet.
- Deliver quality carpentry work.
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures, OSHA, state/local/federal laws, fair housing, and safety compliance.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues and vendors.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor.
- Working on ladders or roofs.
- Clean and inspect work areas.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous Carpenter experience is preferred.
- Experience in roofing and general building maintenance is preferred.
- Able to work at heights of 50 feet or more.
- Able to transport 80 pounds of materials around the job site.
- Able to work outdoors year-round while assuring the company's standards are met.
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather conditions.
- Must provide basic tools (handheld tools and power tools) and have the skills to properly use those tools.
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license, along with reliable transportation.
- Must possess customer service and communication skills, and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to use computer for online training purposes.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.