CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture. Summary
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division within our Primeland Business Unit. We are looking for a Grain Originator to work extensively with producers and country elevators in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS. We are open to all levels of experience. Depending on experience the role could be associate or experience level.
This role could be eligible:
- $1,000 sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- With assistance, make professional contact with country elevators and farmer producers, and serve as the face of CHS to customers. Update them on market trends, current quotes, and agriculture business overall.
- Work to grow CHS business with new customers and in new regions.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key accounts. Gain knowledge and insights into customer's goals, in order to target procurement tactics.
- Procure CHS products from producers and elevators based on overall strategy. Make timing and quantity buying decisions. Report hedges, purchasing/sale of contracts quickly and accurately. Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Respond to customer complaints, questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Interpret industry reports and understand changes and trends.
- Plan, develop, and implement simple purchasing strategies and tactics, in accordance with CHS policies and guidelines.
- Gather information regarding market players and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally (i.e. merchandisers, hedge desk and accountants) to exchange information as needed.
- Manage customer shipments in conjunction with CHS capacity.
- Execute CHS logistics strategy around the physical movement of goods. Book truck rates on FOB purchases.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Commodities
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; comfortable asking questions and sharing information.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.