Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. East Texas has a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Technician/Graduate Nurse provides care according to established policies and procedures to patients. The Nurse Technician reports and documents observations, assists with procedures, and performs other unit support activities as needed and assigned. Care and skill opportunities vary by facility and nursing specialty area/unit.
*** CALLING 2022 WINTER GRADUATE NURSES!! If you are graduating with your nursing degree, we want to speak to you! Apply to this position for all East Texas UT Health facilities! ***
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides and coordinates direct care to patients based on the nursing process and according to the clinical standards of the hospital.
- Safely and independently administers prescribed treatments, medications, and nursing interventions based on assessment and plan of care.
- Appropriately organizes and prioritizes time based on patient condition and expected workload.
- Identifies changes in patient status and acts accordingly. Knows and can activate resources to achieve outcomes for patients.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching from the RN as needed.
- Identifies and communicates individualized patient needs for inter-shift report and transfer/discharge.
- Includes patient/family in planning. Collaborates with all disciplines in evaluation of patient progress.
- Appropriately and correctly documents the patient response to interventions and progress toward outcomes. Identifies and documents variances from pathway or plan of care.
- Seeks learning opportunities and resources beyond own work environment and incorporates into practice the new knowledge and skills acquired
- Promotes an environment conducive to professional practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patient and staff safety.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN) obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date
Certification and Licensure:
- BLS or CPR is required from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).