Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, a Benchmark Global Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. - positivity, respect, integrity, dedication, and excellence. We're all responsible for representing the foundation of the strong moral compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We hire only team members of the highest character who will hold themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this commitment should apply.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for an engaging, organized individual to join our team as the Food & Beverage Administrator. This position will provide administrative support to the Food and Beverage (F&B) department and organize F&B daily tasks and activities.
- Full-time position
- Extensive health benefits, paid time off, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at hundreds of US and international properties.
F&B, Banquets, and Outlet Functions
- Conduct daily reviews of guest surveys to extract information and send recaps to appropriate F&B leadership
- Maintain and update communication boards for the outlets, culinary, and banquet departments to ensure team members have all the up-to-date hotel information pertaining to HR, hotel updates, schedules, groups in house, upcoming events, etc.
- Work with F&B leadership team members to ensure huddles are taking place with proper information each shift
- Track and correct all missed punches for hourly team members
- Track team member attendance to be compliant with hotel policies
- Assist with the scheduling of candidate interviews for open job requisitions
- With the assistance of the HR department, track and send out reminders of missing training and certifications for applicable team members
- Track and send reminders to F&B leadership of all time off requests so they are approved in a timely manner
- Track and communicate team member schedule availabilities with F&B leadership
- Print and distribute temperature logs for all refrigeration in F&B and retail areas in accordance with the Texas Food Code
- Be the OpenTable champion to ensure all meal periods and menu items are accurate, special events are created, and reservations are monitored and closed as needed to provide proper guest experiences
- Facilitate reservations for all holidays and events like breakfast with Santa
- Work with F&B management on dispersing outlet collateral or promotions around the hotel, guest rooms, and other outlets ensuring cleanliness, accuracy and visibility to guests
- Create, print, and distribute all F&B labels for buffets stations and special events the day prior to the actual function
- Create, print, and distribute the daily Banquet Event Order packets the day prior to the function dates
- Act as the scribe to all F&B monthly meetings
- Assist F&B leadership with reminders via calendar appointments and/or email deadlines to complete tasks by their due dates
- Complete the weekly inventory and ordering of coffee and Coco-Cola/Pepsi items for banquets, outlets, and retail, by the designated ordering deadlines
- Create purchase orders for all non-food and non-alcohol purchases as it pertains to F&B
- Ensure all recipe cards for food and beverage items have updated pricing
- Maintain and facilitate the ordering of all office supplies for F&B
- When the applicable report is distributed, facilitate the investigation of and reconciliation for all cash overages and shortages
- Input monthly inventories for food, beer, wine, and liquor
- Organize, maintain, and update F&B cost spreadsheets, inventory sheets, and requisitions
- Manage and champion all Info Genisis as it pertains to all F&B areas
- Reconcile all banquet charges to match Banquet Event Orders from the day prior to ensure all charges are correct so that the Finance team can complete the billing of our guests/clients
Retail Shop Functions
- Manage all inventories to ensure product is available for guests
- Manage and champion all Info Genisis as it pertains to the Retail Shop
- Organize, maintain, and update retail shop inventory sheets
- Count, input, and submit retail shop monthly inventories
What are we looking for?
- 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience in a high-volume restaurant or hotel restaurant operation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be organized, efficient, and accurate
- Preferred understanding of all aspects of food and beverage services
- Full range of computer skills including Microsoft Office, F&B platforms, scheduling platforms, purchasing and receiving platforms, and point of sales systems preferred
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.