Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes,
keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.What you'll be doing
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide analytical support to the review and interpretation of EDM and flow data.Thames Water is in the process of enhancing its quality management systems and this role forms a fundamental part of the future success to our compliance commitments.Gaining insight from our Flow and EDM data is at the forefront of protecting the environment and ensuring we meet all our environmental commitments. You will be at the forefront of our data insight process and will provide valuable quality assurance checks to our data.Key tasks include:
We're looking for you to
- Analysing Flow and EDM data to look for trends, abnormalities, and inaccuracies.
- Validating data with operational colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- Producing regular reports to inform compliance-related activities.
- Preparing annual submissions to our regulators.
- Responding to stakeholder requests for data.
- Working with internal and external stakeholder
- Using a bespoke soft to assist the data analyse
What's in it for you?
- Must have experience working with data.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to interpret data and work with operational colleagues.
- Previous experience in developing regular reports for internal stakeholders and preparing regulatory submissions is desirable.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and you will need to be proficient in the use of software packages (MS Office & Excel, PowerBI)
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 26 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service, and a wider benefits scheme. Hybrid working with occasional visits to sites and the River Thames facing office.Thames Water is a dynamic,?rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working?arrangements?a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing. We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process. Find out more about?working at Thames Water. We deliver life's essential service to our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and earn some extra money along the way. Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.