As the Fleet Maintenance Mechanic, you'll be responsible for maintaining and repairing the commercial fleet, including diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) tractor trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks, reefers and vans used by all of our distribution centers. Your skills will ensure maintenance work is done safely, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Thermo King a plus; Refrigerant R-404A Certification a plus; Compressed Natural Gas of Equipment a plus; Preventative Maintenance/Repair work on Tractors required; Must have own hand and power tools; Two to five years experience on class 8 vehicles
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Brake Certifications; PA Class 3, 4 or 7 Inspection; Tractor/Trailer Inspections; Valid Driver's License
- Certification or Licensing Desired: Valid Class A CDL
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Respond to road calls by utilizing fleet repair trucks or tow service.
- Install, replace and/or repair refrigerants, ventilation systems, brakes, engines, clutches, transmissions, starters, alternators, batteries, etc. as needed.
- Operate equipment in accordance with all safety parameters.
- Create and enter data for work orders and check sheets on work being performed to include posting of parts corresponding with fleet maintenance software.
- Keep work area safe and clean.
- Check equipment repair history and perform data input for system upgrades.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all commercial fleet vehicles and service trucks to Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all tractors to include changing the oil, checking the filters, grease all fittings, checking all hoses, visually inspect the engine and tighten all bolts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all trailers, including lubing trailer joints, checking the doors, checking the exterior and repairing the rivets and sides as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on diesel, CNG and commercial l tractor trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks and vans.
- Review job orders and diagnose equipment to determine malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Use hand, power and pneumatic tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain equipment and vehicles
- Examine protective guards and bolts and inspect safety devices on trucks and trailers in order to make adjustments as needed.
- Test drive repaired tractor trailer trucks or service equipment in order to verify compliance with Department of Transportation specifications.
- Perform Department of Transportation inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform state inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Starting Rate of Pay
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.