Financial Controller Job Vacancy
Are you a qualified accountant with experience overseeing financial processes within a fast-growing business? Do you have both practice and industry experience or an interest in joining a leading accountancy firm?
If so, this Financial Controller job in Manchester could be the right opportunity for you.
You'll need to be a strong communicator with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior team members, providing reliable oversight of financial matters across Group level.
This opportunity will suit someone who is self-motivated and can hit the ground running as an integral member of the firm.
If you're interested in applying for this role, we invite you to apply directly or contact us to arrange a 100% confidential call with one of our team. JobPurpose
About this firm
- Preparation of statutory accounts, budgets and financial forecasts
- Overseeing arrears, accruals and cashflow forecasts
- Managing the process for month-end and year-end close
- Working closely with external tax accountants to coordinate tax compliance
- Preparation to completion of VAT returns, liaising with HMRC
- Overseeing payment runs and transactions
- Reviewing internal business processes and accounting policies, to maintain and improve efficiencies
- Manage all cash books, using both Excel and accountancy software
- Finalise account reconciliations
- Leading Group-wide business improvement projects
- Confidently build relationships with external partners and investors
This Financial Controller job in Manchester is based within a growing national firm of accountants that supports an extensive client portfolio, providing tailored accountancy.
Providing a full suite of accountancy services this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and high calibre qualified accountant.
This Financial Controller role would suit an ambitious and astute professional who can adopt a proactive approach to managing workflow. Benefit from:
- £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent role
- Company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Career development opportunities.
- An integral role within a forward-thinking team
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd?
- ACCA or ACA qualified, with previous accountancy practice experience.
- Strong knowledge across accountancy systems, including QuickBooks, Sage, Xero and Iris.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a team's workflow.
- A team player able to bring out the best in others.
- Confidently mentor junior team members, in a positive and constructive manner
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Manchester and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.??