JA1087 - Field Service Engineer - Industrial Laundry EquipmentLocation - Field Based Covering Inner M25Salary - £Competitive plus premium rates for overtimeIncentive scheme - Engineers earn on average between £350 - £600 per month on this.Hours - 42/weekOverview:We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer for our clients Industrial Laundry Machinery business. The successful candidate will be required to travel nationally and have experience of electronic control units. This role will suit an experienced electro-mechanical engineer. As well as being able to fix the laundry equipment - gas and/or electric washers, dryers, ironers, folders, etc. we are looking for someone who can deal with the control programmes (PLCs).The Field Service team provide a professional, friendly and efficient response to breakdowns and provide a reliable service and maintenance program. Flexibility will be required to meet the demands of the role with a basic 42 hours per week. Some weekend and overnight working which may also be at the weekends is to be expected. Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Attend customer sites to carry out routine repairs and maintenance on the full range of Company
- commercial laundry equipment and third-party equipment as required.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to breakdown tasks assigned by the planners.
- Ensure working times for attendance, travel and breaks are entered accurately into Protean.
- Ensure that a full description of work carried out on site is entered Protean and is then signed-off by a responsible person.
- Work to the contract authorisation limits and maintain contact with the service team at Hitchin if required work exceeds this amount.
- Ensure that all Customer Site regulations and requirements are met for every site visit.
- Ensure that any call allocated that you cannot attend is flagged to the planner immediately.
- You are the face of the company when on site and should represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Ensure van stock is kept well organised in a clean and usable condition.
- Ensure your van for is well maintained and serviced in line with the maintenance schedule set by the manufacturer.
- It is expected that you will be able to carry out electrical fault finding on all appliances and follow any current regulations.
- You will be expected to have electrical competency and be competent in dead testing and carrying out safe isolation.
- Ensure you keep your gas qualifications up to date; the company will provide the training and gas
- safe registration required.
- You may be asked to provide on-site training for customers on Company appliances.
- First time fix upwards of 80%.
- Recall rate below 4%
- Productivity >80% - Actual working time compared to all other non-productive time.
Skills & Experience:Essential:
- Electrically competent, ideally qualified to City and Guilds or NVQ level 3
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of work and electrical isolation.
- Good mechanical skills
- Qualified in Commercial Gas
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in laundry maintenance and gas servicing.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety.
- To take reasonable care not to put other people, fellow employees and members of the public, at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work.
- To co-operate with the Company, making sure you get proper training and you understand and follow the company's health and safety policies.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that's been provided for your health, safety or welfare.
- To report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job.
- To tell the company if something happens that might affect your ability to work (e.g. becoming pregnant or suffering an injury).
- If you drive or operate machinery, to tell the company if you take medication that makes you drowsy.
This job description should be regarded only as guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.