Family Practice-Without OB opening in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Job ID: 7056Practice Details
- Currently looking for innovative, quality-driven, Primary Care Physicians to join our team
- Recruiting BC/BE family medicine physicians.
- Enjoy access to a multi-specialty group of over 140 providers covering over 20 specialties for ease of referrals and patient care continuity
- Hospitalists handle all inpatient needs
- Outpatient sick call responsibility is limited and by phone only
You see yourself living in a historic small city of 45,000 people nestled along the Alleghenies Mountain ridge, with access to skiing in the winter, a short drive to watch the Nittany Lions of Penn State University. the capital of Harrisburg and midway between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
Your earnings will provide ample room for a great home along with wealth accumulation and preservation, with the median home sales price of $92,000 and a stately 4800 square foot, 4-bedroom, 5 bath home on a wooded acre lot list for $439,000.
400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania. A level 2 trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center. Provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System's medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.Closest Major City
Colleges and Universities
- 84 miles to Pittsburgh, PA
- 126 miles to Baltimore, MD
- 133 miles to Washington, DC
- There are 16 colleges within 50 miles of Altoona.
- Penn State Altoona s a full-service, four-year, residential campus located less than 45 miles from the research campus at University Park.
- Other colleges nearby are Mount Aloysius College, Saint Francis University, University of Pittsburgh Johnstown, and Penn State Main Campus.
- The mission of the Central Blair Recreation and Park Commission is to provide healthy and fun recreation, sport, and leisure choices.
- Horseshoe Curve is a three-track railroad curve on Norfolk Southern Railway's Pittsburgh Line in Blair County, Pennsylvania. Horseshoe Curve has long been a tourist attraction with a trackside observation park being completed in 1879. In the early 1990s the park was renovated and a visitor center built; the Railroaders Memorial Museum in Altoona manages the center, which has exhibits pertaining to the curve.
- Lakemont Park, located in Altoona, Pennsylvania, houses the world's oldest-surviving roller coaster, the Leap-The-Dips. On June 19, 1996, the roller coaster was added to the list of National Historic Landmarks by the National Park Service. The park opened in 1894 as a trolley park and became an amusement park in the summer of 1899. It is the 8th oldest in the United States.
- Logan Valley Mall consists of over 80 favorite specialty stores including Buckle, Torrid, American Eagle Outfitters, The Childrens Place, H&M, Christopher & Banks, Yankee Candle, PacSun, Hollister, Old Navy, Victorias Secret and numerous others.