Our client GMSL have a fantastic new job opportunity for someone who has strong numeracy, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
Working as the European Energy Logistics Operator you will manage European gas and power portfolios for some of the leading companies in the energy industry. This is an office-based role, and the work is mainly screen-based using in-house developed software and carries a large level of personal responsibility, making high-value operational decisions on behalf of the Company's clients.
The company's clients are active in many areas of the European commercial gas market, from North Sea gas production to the transportation of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) all over the world.
As the European Energy Logistics Operator you will be a key part of the 24/7 team. The company's clients rely on their portfolios being managed accurately and efficiently; your actions can have a significant financial and operational impact.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a company with a sociable team environment enhanced with frequent company events.
SALARY: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Permanent
These will include the following:
- Sending gas & power flow notifications to network operators across Europe
- Checking confirmations, looking out for imbalances, then following instructions to resolving them
- Trading on a number of European energy exchanges
- Contacting counterparties to update and confirm positions
- Reporting actions back to clients
- A good educational background (a degree is preferred) - recent graduates considered
- An ability to work accurately under pressure, respecting procedures and having an ability to follow them
- A person who is comfortable working with numbers and familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Strong communication skills, comfortable on the phone and with formal email communication
- A problem-solving attitude
- A conscientious, proactive person who is keen to learn
- The flexibility to work employee-friendly shift patterns