Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a transformational agent' for our guests and the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley.
Scheduled hours may vary based on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours in order to properly support overall operations.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow into their first management role in their HR career.
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for duties related to recruiting and staffing functions.
- Oversee all aspects of the employment process including preliminary interviews, employment verifications, job offers and completion of new hire paperwork and onboarding in a prompt manner.
- Collaborates with department leaders on applicant pre-screens and interviews.
- Maintain documentation on all applicants according to state and federal law.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all property operations and requirements of each property job to provide applicants accurate information.
- Provide guidance to managers in choosing applicants, including information on applicant work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements.
- Responsible for opening and closing and re-freshing employment requisitions in a timely manner within the ATS.
- Conducts reference checks, background checks and verifies work authorization utilizing eVerify as necessary.
- Partner with HR Management team to facilitate company onboarding and orientation programming and any training sessions relating to current job responsibilities.
- Coordinate all activity in relation to recruitment including posting of requisitions, advertising, networking with local agencies and community groups and conducting job fairs.
- Create and develop ongoing recruiting strategies, tools and collateral to maintain consistent applicant pool.
- Partner with HR Management Team to connect with local universities, culinary schools, and professional associations to establish pipeline of talent.
- Develop seasonal recruitment schedules and contingency plans in March and September including scheduling and attend job/career fairs with appropriate staff as resources to generate qualified applicants. May involve travel to recruiting events.
- Maintains and updates HRIS database records and processes paperwork for new hires, additional positions, terminations and other status changes as documented on payroll/personnel action forms (PAF's.)
- Assists with maintaining new hire and personnel files ensuring accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's).
- Maintain all specialized documentation for hiring applicants and current employees.
- Follow through with extensive background checks with Director of Human Resources.
- Assist Director of Human Resources in all aspects of recruiting, retaining and selecting management candidates.
- Act as point person for Internet recruiting, including collaboration with Marketing Department on social media advertising, and research Internet recruiting tools to increase applicant pool.
- Work on social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, coordinates internal transfer and promotion procedures including conducting interviews for all internal candidates and following through with in-house recruiting process.
- Assist HR Management Team with coordinating internship and externship programs, including foreign exchange student program.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and General Manager, update staffing guidelines on an annual basis.
- Maintain up-to-date descriptions on all positions.
- Review all policies relating to job on an annual basis and make recommendations to Director of Human Resources on necessary changes.
- Answer employee questions and assist in employee issues in a professional and approachable manner.
- Inform Director of Human Resources of any variances from Company policies or issues, especially in relation to applicant processing, onboarding and training.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
Office setting, hard surfaces with overhead artificial lighting and comfortable regulated ventilation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an outgoing individual to enhance the HR department by assisting with the day-to-day HR office activities and various HR programs. The main focus will be on recruitment and networking. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, collaborative, possess excellent time management and follow through skills, understand the confidentiality that comes with working in an HR environment and exhibit a friendly and professional demeanor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two-year associates or Four-year bachelors degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Minimum of one-year Human Resource experience in full life cycle recruitment preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with leadership of all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-task oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to meet recruitment goals and build talent pipelines in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience using contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools such as job boards, social media, resume databases and search engines to identify active and passive candidates preferred.
- Proficient with applicant tracking systems, i.e. Workday or comparable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook and standard office equipment.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills with strong adherence to deadlines.
- Professional presence; exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual preferred.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.