Apply for this job now
- East Saint Louis, Illinois
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
PRS Facility Location:
Alorton, IL Trackwork Plant - 230
Responsible for developing current and future product engineering designs. Responsible for integrating product design, performance, and manufacturing through the use of CAD, CAE, 3D Modeling to meet product requirements. Maintains daily contact with operations and customers as product designs are develop, finalized, and put into production. Make decisions within the limits of general practices and standards with some direct guidance from supervisor.
Railroads transport goods and people millions of miles every day. At Progress Rail, we believe in going the distance with them. We are looking for talented and innovative team players to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. Build a long-term career with opportunities for growth and advancement as part of a vibrant network of close to 200 global locations. Our innovative team members work together to forge the bridge between ideas and success!
As a Caterpillar company, Progress Rail is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet their needs.
Learn how we keep our customers rolling by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, and by visiting .
Education / Training:
• BS in mechanical engineering, physics, or equivalent preferred;
• AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience a plus.
Key Job Elements:
Must be willing to travel outside the local area for Training which may be conducted off site in Kentucky or Texas for a week or more monthly for a few months..
Provide technical support for operations and customers;
• Identify customer field failures and timely and cost effective solutions;
• Prepare, manage, and track product engineering backlog and sales orders/projects;
• Prepare, releases, drawings and bill of material for production;
• Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations;
• Coordinates and consults with department outside of engineering, such as production and manufacturing;
• Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Qualifications and Experience:
• High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and/or difficult;
• Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design;
• Efficient with CAD, AutoDesk AutoCAD preferred, 3D Modeling experience is a plus;
• Must be familiar with basic mechanical and structural engineering concepts and manufacturing processes;
• Strong written skills to provide technical support for internal and external customers;
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and senior management;
• Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams, and coordinate with internal departments as well as outside suppliers;
• Self-starter and with the ability to work independently with little supervision on complex design analyses.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, paid time off for vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with company match, medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance and flexible spending accounts. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
Work Location Options:
- Job Reference: 673962456-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Location: East Saint Louis, Illinois
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent