Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Spruce Point Inn is like no other resort-spirited and soulful; picturesque and rich with heritage; perfectly poised between woods and sea. As a Conde Nast Top Resort, our historic Inn has attracted travelers from all over the world for more than a century offering an iconic coastal Maine experience.
Located about an hour "down east" from Portland, Spruce Point Inn is a true gem among resorts, differentiated by its prominent oceanfront setting, acres of mature woodlands, gardens, and trails. As we sit off the beaten path, getaways here feel like a genuine retreat. It's a place made timeless by natural beauty, traditions, and joy.
Salary: $65,000- $70,000
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for a dynamic, engaging and culture driven Human Resources Manager to cultivate a Be the Difference culture. This position will work with teh Director of Human resources to partner with hotel leadership with a focus on driving service excellence through development of culture, recruitment and retention, talent management and coaching and counseling for the property.
- Partner with the hotel leadership to drive culture.
- Assist with the resort's talent & culture strategy including all areas of the employee experience.
- Assist with the selection processes and onboarding, ensuring the employment experience is in alignment with hotel culture.
- Lead the properties recruitment process for employment Visa programs
- Assist with local annual benefits enrollment, billing/reconciliations, on-going team member questions and needs.
- Internal communication management for employees to include bulletin boards, email, and social media.
- Work with leaders to manage the performance feedback and talent management.
- Facilitates training and on-boarding ensuring completion and compliance.
- Partner with resort leadership to develop and manage employee recognition programs
- Employee engagement surveys: administer surveys, facilitate action plan development and follow-up for on-going improvement of the overall team member experience.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state labor law, including EEO, wage & hour, and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain and update necessary employee files for new hires and terminations. Ensures that all employee changes are processed timely in HCM platform.
- Conduct management training and advise management of labor law issues. Ensure management is compliance with all current state and federal labor laws.
- Monitor Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Establish Open Door Policy with employees to ensure the atmosphere is one of management involvement.
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in the hospitality or similar industry.
- Experience with international recruiting a plus
- Knowledge of governmental employment laws
- Excellent computer proficiency needed
- Be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- An effective listener, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.