As the Fleet Maintenance Mechanic, you'll be responsible for maintaining and repairing the commercial fleet, including diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) tractor-trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks, reefers, and vans used by all of our distribution centers.
- Rate of Pay: $25.10
- Responding to road calls by utilizing fleet repair trucks or tow service.
- Installing, replacing, and/or repairing refrigerants, ventilation systems, brakes, engines, clutches, transmissions, starters, alternators, batteries, etc. as needed.
- Operating equipment in accordance with all safety parameters.
- Creating and entering data for work orders and check sheets on work being performed to include posting of parts corresponding with fleet maintenance software.
- Keeping the work area safe and clean.
- Checking equipment repair history and perform data input for system upgrades.
- Performing preventative maintenance on all commercial fleet vehicles and service trucks to Department of Transportation specifications.
- Performing preventative maintenance on all tractors to include changing the oil, checking the filters, grease all fittings, checking all hoses, visually inspect the engine, and tighten all bolts.
- Performing preventative maintenance on all trailers, including lubing trailer joints, checking the doors, checking the exterior, and repairing the rivets and sides as needed.
- Performing preventative maintenance on diesel, CNG, and commercial tractor-trailer trucks, gasoline service trucks, and vans.
- Reviewing job orders and diagnose equipment to determine malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Use hand, power, and pneumatic tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain equipment and vehicles
- Examining protective guards and bolts and inspect safety devices on trucks and trailers in order to make adjustments as needed.
- Testing drive repaired tractor-trailer trucks or service equipment in order to verify compliance with Department of Transportation specifications.
- Performing Department of Transportation inspections on tractors and trailers.
- Performing state inspections on tractors and trailers.
Starting Rate of Pay
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.