Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2020 'Most Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient, ambulatory, and analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Network Analyst is responsible for all aspects of managing the Duke Health network infrastructure including, but not limited to: provisioning, installation, configuration, monitoring, design, implementation, testing, maintenance, and day-to-day support of the network infrastructure devices. Work will be focused on network security, supporting Palo Alto Next-Gen firewalls, Cisco Firewalls and Network Access Control (NAC) solutions. Work will also include participation in the implementation of network projects, large and small at various Duke Health locations. You will work as with a team of network professionals who provide 24x7x365 on-call support, both remote and on-site, which may include night, holiday, and weekend work.
Qualifications and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 + years experience
- Palo Alto certifications are preferred: PCNSA/PCNSE
- Experience with network automation tools such as Ansible and Python
- Cloud network experience implementing VPC/VPN connectivity
- Previous large scale Palo Alto firewall implementation experience to include ThreatPrevention, Wildfire, GlobalProtect, URL Filtering,
- Prior experience supporting large enterprise or healthcare networks
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols to include OSPF and BGP
- Deep understanding of packet analysis and applicable tools
- Experience supporting large scale remote access and L2L VPN solutions
- Network Access Control system deployment and lifecycle management
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and enhance relationships with team members, customers, and internal teams.
- Displays ability to recognize appropriate communication, audience, timing, and content necessary for building and maintaining alliances for success
- Takes personal responsibility for taking or directing actions on projects that result in solutions that truly address customer needs.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.