DT Teacher JobDartford, KentSeptember 2022 - January 2023£120.00 - £200.00 p/day (dependant on experience)
This secondary academy, based in Dartford, is looking for a teacher of DT (Design Technology) to specialise in KS3 and KS4 DT. Specialists in Food, Resistant Materials or Graphic Design can be considered.
This job will offer the opportunity to teach Design Technology (DT) at KS3 and KS4 on a GCSE timetable. Students often leave this school to pursue a career in IT, Graphic Design, Engineering or Construction so will be fully engaged in the varied DT timetable offered. Students will learn woodwork, graphic design and product design along with food technology and textiles.
Joining one of the academies strongest department teams the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with established schemes of work at KS3 and KS4. They will be encouraged to work with current lesson plans to introduce new and exciting ideas. In addition to normal teaching duties, and for the right teacher, there will be the opportunity to expand on current extra curricular offerings.
In order to be considered for this role you must have:
- A good understanding of the DT curriculum at GCSE level
- Ability to inspire students in the classroom
- Ability to teach mixed ability classes
- Willingness to embrace new teaching technologies
Working for Pearson Whiffin Education means you get:
- A consultant with 15 years of recruitment experience in secondary schools in Kent
- A dedicated candidate manager to answer any questions or queries you have
- A hassle free and accurate payroll service (PAYE or Umbrella PAYE)
- A team that knows the value of working locally and wants to put you into the closest schools to you
- Complete flexibility on the days and weeks that you work (supply bookings)
To discuss this role in more detail before applying please contact me on or call .
Not the right role for you? Know someone who should apply? Recommend them to us and we will reward you with a referral bonus. Pearson Whiffin Education offer a specialist recruitment service to schools and school based staff across Kent including Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury, Ashford, Swale, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Strood, Gravesend and Dartford.
Pearson Whiffin Education are always looking for new candidates. Please contact us if you are a teacher, cover supervisor, teaching assistant, premises manager, premises assistant or school specialist administrator and you are looking for your next job opportunity.
Terms apply - for more information contact us today.