IFS - Information Technology (IT) Industry/Sector:
Not Applicable Time Type:
Full time Travel Requirements:
Up to 20%
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change.
Our team works with well structured data sources to understand the underlying data through exploration, answer specific domain questions or perform analysis related to those questions. They produce dashboards/visualizations and reports to explain and support findings, integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements and develop data cleansing routines to standardize messy data or to align new data feeds to existing and expected formats and values.
Data Analytics includes filing datasets to understand the data prior to utilizing it in downstream analytics, tools, dashboards and products, having a continuous eye for automating existing reporting and analysis and communicating insights and findings to business stakeholders.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Data analysts work with well-structured data sources to explore data and answer specific questions through analysis. They produce dashboards to explain and support findings, automate reporting and analysis, and communicate findings to business stakeholders. Job Requirements and Preferences
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience
6 year(s) Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Conducting detailed analyses to create tangible insights that inform product, marketing and revenue strategy;
- Building and developing reports, dashboards, scorecards and/or analyses, working alongside leads, analysts and architects to deliver priority outcomes in alignment with the strategic roadmap;
- Presenting effective data-driven recommendations to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences;
- Engaging with various business units to frame, structure, and prioritize business problems;
- Managing the portfolio of work and partner with stakeholders on monthly governance activities;
- Assisting in the creation of documentation and version control relating to analysis, reporting and/or database structures;
- Creating and managing standards, processes, and procedures to ensure agile delivery and consistent operations;
- Identifying service and quality issues, and taking steps to remediate proactively;
- Partnering with data engineering teams on a robust, sustainable cloud-first big data architecture, data lake, data mart and other assorted reporting/distribution services;
- Partnering with data science teams to produce rich and bold insights as needed;
- Working in sprints on prioritized requirements and backlog items;
- Being able to shift quickly and work across multiple priorities;
- Demonstrating database management systems and SQL;
- Developing and configuring data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.);
- Scripting language (Python or other to automate data-related tasks);
- Demonstrating the ability to tell stories with data through the use of data visualization, dashboards and/or slides calling out key data insights;
- Demonstrating statistical modeling, applied mathematics or STEM;
- Demonstrating data querying, exploration and validation;
- Possessing highly effective oral and written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Convincing other all different personalities of their ideas and work with a large number of partners in solving a problem;
- Demonstrating the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into a digestible format;
- Being capable of providing detailed requirements to technical and business teams for new data and reporting related requests;
- Identifying opportunities for process and system improvement by monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams; and,
- Working in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more:
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: