Apply for this job now
Data Governance Manager - CBRE Investment Management
- New York
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Areas of Interest
Data & Analytics, Investment Management
New York City - New York - United States of America
The Data Governance Manager will work closely with the Head of Data Governance to support and realize CBRE IM s ambition of being data driven. The Data Governance Manager will directly support this goal by facilitating the discovery, comprehension, availability, and trust of data.
In this position you will indulge your instinctive curiosity to illicit global best practices that underpin natural business processes. You ll map and model these processes and procedures with an eye for data flow generation and maintenance. Insights you uncover will contribute to the immediate development of IM s Data Marketplace (Data Catalog, Business Glossary, Reference Data Manager, Data Quality Manager).
You ll spearhead the breakdown of data silos by collaborating with technologists to reduce manual duplication of data stuck in disparate tech stacks. You ll embrace a translator mindset, explaining technical concepts to business partners and clarifying business concepts to technologists.
You ll lean on your coaching and relationship building skills to cultivate a firm-wide atmosphere of data stewardship and foster data literacy using savvy non-invasive data governance techniques. You ll serve as an in-house consultant, providing expertise on data-based SLA requirements for explicit contracts and internal procedures.
You ll contribute to the rolling 6 quarter Data Governance roadmap, drawing from your experiences within CBRE IM and based on market standards to advocate for areas you deem essential to develop. You ll partner with the Head of Data Governance to execute on maturity testing and benchmarking. You ll foster the mindset of continual growth and improvement, of your professional acumen and our discipline within the firm!
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience, advanced education within Finance, Technology or Law preferred
- Hold current industry standard data centric certifications (DCAM, CDMP, OSCRE)
- Have 10 years of progressive experience, with 5 years focused on supervising and managing data management or governance projects within real estate, or financial markets
- You are eager to learn and ambitious
- You are very precise and detailed, with excellent communication skills
- You are an absolute team player able to work in a matrixed, global environment
- You have a background in Project Management with experience operating in Agile frameworks
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
- Job Reference: 673968117-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: CBRE
- Location: New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent