Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is one of the largest and most trusted retail healthcare business support organizations in the U.S., supporting 15,000 healthcare professionals and team members at more than 1,000 health and wellness offices across 46 states in three distinct categories: Dental care, urgent care, and medical aesthetics. Working in partnership with independent practice owners and clinicians, the team is united by a single purpose: to prove that healthcare can be better and smarter for everyone. ADMI provides a comprehensive suite of centralized business support services that power the impact of four consumer-facing businesses: Aspen Dental, ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, WellNow Urgent Care and Chapter Aesthetic Studio. Each brand has access to a deep community of experts, tools and resources to grow their practices, and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality consumer healthcare experiences at scale. As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our IT Team as a Data Architect.
As a member of the Data Platform Team, you will support our Engineering Teams (Data & Software) and provide strategic guidance as we overhaul our legacy technology to a modern cloud data stack in the cloud (GCP)
You will be expected to be hands-on and developing, building and test our new solutions and pipelines to support our organization.
You will be expected to understand how to operate and build an online, real-time event streaming platform that can support our business needs and growth. As the Data Architect you will outline how we will transition our workflows from batch to real-time, what data technologies and why. You will build small proof of concepts and responsible for investigating new and emerging technologies in the data landscape that make sense for The Aspen Group
We have an exciting new office in downtown Chicago that is in the Fulton Market area or join us in Syracuse, NY, with our other development location. Flexible working is supported.
- As the Platforms Data Architect, you will outline our transition plan from our legacy technical stack, define technologies and solutions to be used in the platform and justify why
- You will know how to design, build and evolve a stream-data platform that can support both the needs of our patients, our practices and internal data consumers
- You will support the development and evolve the needs of a lighthouse architecture defining what the datalake and warehouse will look like
- You will work with the teams to implement solutions to help with data lineage, data security, metadata and cataloging
- You will lead the Data Center of Excellent Group that will represent the needs of our business as we grow
- Maintain and Develop our Data Warehousing Strategy and Schemas
- Educate, Mentor and Support our Software and Data Platform Engineers
- Partner with Data Platform Team on Data Governance Strategy
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent - willingness to waive with minimum of 5 years data processing in a large data environment
- 2+ years' experience working in big data processing environments (see education requirements above)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Python, AWS/GCP, Containers
- Knowledge of design patterns in the Cloud and Building Well Architected Solutions
- Advanced Data Modelling Techniques
- Nice to have working background in HIPAA and/or SOX Compliance