If youre looking for a special place to build or grow your career, youve found it. Whether youre an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses () around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you. Business Overview
Banjo Corporation, a Liquid Handling Products Company, located outside of Indianapolis, IN, specializes in injection molding of glass-reinforced polypropylene products with an excellent reputation for high quality. Banjo offers an extensive product line to a vast array of agricultural and industrial applications. Our products are marketed and sold all over the world and include: Valves, Manifold Systems, IBC/Tank Accessories, Line Strainers, and Pumps. In business for 60 years, Banjo is a Business Unit of IDEX Corporation which is based in Lake Forest, IL, and is an applied solutions company with 7,000 employees and operations on six continents. Position Summary:
The Data Analyst/Scheduler is responsible for scheduling production to satisfy customer order demand and to maintain planned stock levels. This role will be a key point of contact with the Operations teams. The daily responsibilities for this position include scheduling of shop orders and workload planning for the value streams in Assembly and our Shipping kitting line. The Data Analyst/Scheduler will balance customer order demand with production capacity and will work with operations leadership and supply chain to prioritize demand and expedite where necessary. This role will also be responsible for tracking daily production output and assist with determining long range capacity requirements and inventory plans for the assembly operation and will backfill for scheduling in Shared Resources when necessary. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Plan, schedule, and monitor production by using Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) to schedule ensuring that material is available to ship to the customer on-time.
- Help to sustain plant on-time delivery performance at or above the goal of 95% with product lead-times
- Maintain inventory and safety stock in the ERP system by updating and running daily MRP and issuing shop orders and providing level workload to production.
- Proactively schedule production to maximize throughput by minimizing disruptions caused by component shortages, machine downtime, labor shortages, and other capacity constraints.
- Plan shop orders with due dates around available capacity to ensure that the work is scheduled at a sustainable and realistic level.
- Identify and escalate component and capacity shortages to the Purchasing, Assembly Manager, and Scheduling/Planning Manager to minimize disruption to production.
- Communicates with production supervisors and managers so that everyone will know what production goals need to be met.
- Communicate inventory discrepancies to cycle count team when discovered.
- Single point of contact operations to satisfy customer demand.
- Drive to conclusion on issues with a positive outcome while maintaining a positive/team attitude.
- Review and evaluate ERP System Parameters and communicate with the Scheduling/Planning Manager when product inventory plan does not match product demand behavior.
- Assist with the planning and scheduling aspects of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives.
- Provide coverage for scheduling in Shared Resources when needed.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety regulations and communicating any safety issues immediately.
- Responsible for maintaining an orderly and efficient work area by adhering to 5S guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Strong customer focus
- Well organized with strong analytical/problem solving and mathematical skills
- Ability to run queries in Access and Business Objects
- Experience analyzing reports
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional attitude
- Advanced capability using Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), M2M, and JDE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including active listening skills
- Adept at conflict resolution and the ability to work on a team
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain management, operations management or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of Production Scheduling
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- APICS CPIM Certified
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). Job Family:
Operations Business Unit:
Banjo Job Segment:
FMT Fluid & Metering Technologies