Cutter Operator, 2nd and 3rd Shift, Starting pay range $17.50-$23 + Shift Premium
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Random Lake, WI
Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI and is looking for an Expeditor/Fulfillment. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
Responsible for cutting and trimming materials using industrial paper cutter machines.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Set up Cutter in accordance with job ticket instructions and job layouts
- Program cuts into computer on Cutter machine
- Operate paper Cutter to cut and trim printed material that is to be further processed in the Press Room or Bindery
- Operate lift equipment to move pallets of material
- Perform preventative maintenance on paper cutting machinery such as blade/knife changes, lubrication and cleaning of Cutters
- Maintain expected production levels
- Keep accurate production records
- Perform other bindery duties as requested
- Follow all required safety procedures such as: PPE's ergonomics, chemical hazards, etc.
- Perform job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Work overtime as needed
- Stay late or come in early with short notice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
- Self motivated
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, including those dealing with dimensions, quantity and quality
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up
- Good knowledge of cutter machine operations and set-up practices
- Knowledge of computer operations
- Knowledge of all procedures required to safely operate a cutting machine
- Knowledge of the operation and function of the other bindery equipment and machinery
- Satisfactory performance is required in these areas: Programming, Production, Quality, Safety, Maintenance and Personal Practices. See attached list for criteria
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routing reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and departments to obtain information and/or instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solver/troubleshoot problems in a timely manner
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Mandatory hearing protection while in the plant
- Moderate chemical exposure consisting of cleaning products and possible exposure to ink jet ink and wash, which is a hazardous substance. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses and chemical protective gloves are required when using ink jet products.
- Majority of this job requires standing for approximately 90% of the day
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Inside temperature ranges are on the warm side all year long.
- Dust exposure in the Bailer Room
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 920-994-2780 or .