Sonoco Metal Packaging is seeking a highly driven, customer-service professional to assist with our manufacturing order fulfillment responsibilities. In this role, you will play a key role in the achievement of plant and corporate production planning and control goals.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for providing order fulfillment services to our steel packaging customers. Receive customer orders and changes, input into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and manage order releases to complete delivery. Work with internal supply chain to manage demand and control inventories.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receive and enter customer orders, change orders and credit orders for finished steel packaging goods into the ERP system.
- Manage customer order releases interacting with plant production control personnel.
- Serve as front line liaison between plant operations and customer operations regarding daily, weekly, and monthly requirements and associated issues. These issues include, but are not limited to; customer requirements, notices of complaint and changes in customer demand.
- Maintain accurate and timely on-line forecasts to support MTS, MTO, SS and Supermarket demand programs for various customers. These forecasts are the basis for the entire planning and control cycle.
- Assist in monitoring shipping schedules at various production plants.
- Accountable for maintaining proper levels and turnover of inventory for individual area of responsibility.
- Accountable for the identification, disposition and necessary follow-up of slow moving, aged and/or surplus inventories.
- Participate or initiate various customer conference calls as needed. Customer visits will also be required to establish and enhance customer communications.
- Responsible for customer relationships, building market growth through information gathering on customer supply chain, backdoor selling, competitor info and margin enhancement.
- Create and administer necessary documents required for the on-line handling of customer requirements.
- Interact with various disciplines within the supply chain including plant schedulers, managers, shipping, sales and corporate planning.
- Working knowledge of associated bill of material (BOM) accuracy, graphics and steel can configuration process.
- Travel: 10%
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum. Previous order fulfillment experience required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and experience with ERP systems required.
- Ability to work with NETUI and browse functions in QAD to gather necessary tracking and reporting information.
- Ability to use Demand software and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Demand Planning experience.
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: APICS CPIM
- Instill Trust - gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Interpersonal Intelligence - relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrate Results - consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.