Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas.
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Cook is responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting food according to standards and expectations, while maintaining a safe, clean, and sanitary work area.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Two years' experience in heavy volume line food production. Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking in large volume environment. Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation. Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc. High school diploma or equivalent experience/training. Meet governmental health requirements. Ability to operate kitchen power equipment. Ability to utilize cutting instruments. Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items). Ability to effectively communicate in the English language. Ability to work flexible shift and stand for long period of time Ability to perform well under pressure Ability to read and interpret recipes card Ability to work at times in extreme weather (pool kitchen)
- Prepares all food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Ensures all food products being prepared and leaving kitchen are of highest possible quality and meet all standards and specifications set by management and the Executive Chef.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Handle all food storage and preparation properly and according to safe food handling procedures.
- Utilize all kitchen equipment and tools properly and according to safety procedures.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures that assigned work area has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily production sheets, daily menus, and banquets.
Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Helps maintain a clean and sanitary culinary environment ensuring compliance with all local provincial and federal health codes.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers, stocks and rotates supplies daily.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc., to ensure a safe working environment.
- Assist in preparation / cooking in other stations as requested.
ENVIRONMENT: Inside main kitchen standing on hard floors. Working around hot stoves. Work may be performed in small areas. Work entails varying conditions of noise levels, temperature, and air quality. Outdoors, exposure to extreme and inclement weather.
- Constant standing and occasional walking, bending, and reaching.
- Manual dexterity of hand and fine motor skills in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push/pull goods up to 50 lbs or a maximum of 200 lbs on a hand cart/truck.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces an within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to strictly follow all sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules practicing clean-as-you-go techniques.
Compensation: starting at $14.00, depending on experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skill required of personnel so classified.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.