This job is located in Cheektowaga.
Join Our Team: Are you ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ? Overview:
Are you a CNA interested in continuing your career in healthcare? Come join Elderwood as a Home Health Aide (HHA) Trainee and convert your CNA to a Home Health Aide (HHA) certification!
If you are a current CNA with a HS diploma or GED and COVID vaccination, you are eligible for this training!
- Home Health Aide Trainee team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by following appropriate instruction and completing competency evaluation.
- Home Health Aide Trainee's will learn how to provide personal care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents while under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse and Instructor.
- Elderwood will be offering regular HHA (Home Health Aide) Certification.
- Apply now to begin the process!
What is a Home Health Aide (HHA)?
A Home Health Aide is a trained worker qualified to carry out health care tasks, assist with personal hygiene, housekeeping, and other related supportive tasks to a patient with health care needs.
How Do I Enroll for HHA Training?
Apply here! Once your application is received you will be contacted for a personal interview with the program coordinator. At the time of your first interview, you will also take a brief prescreening
test. The test score and personal interview will determine your eligibility.
How Much Does HHA Training Cost?
Elderwood will cover the cost of any student selected for certification! This training is unpaid. However, typically this training program costs approximately $1500.00.
Are There Home Health Aide (HHA) Employment Opportunities?
Yes! There is a need for this type of training and job opportunities are currently available. Once the training is successfully completed you may apply to one of our Elderwood Assisted Living facilities to join our team!
Do you want to know more? Apply today!
CNA to HHA Transitioning/Training Schedule - to be held at 229 Bennett Road in Cheektowaga:
Student General Orientation if needed Thursday, July 21, 2022 - 10AM-12PM
Tuesday, 07/26/2022 7AM-3PM- Day 1
Wednesday, 7/27/2022 7AM-3PM- Day 2
Thursday, 7/28/2022 7AM-3PM- Day 3
Tuesday, 8/9/2022 7AM-3PM- Day 4
Wednesday, 8/10/2022 7AM-3PM- Day 5
Thursday, 8/11/2022 7AM-3PM- (If needed)
- Ability to verbally communicate well with residents, families, and staff members
- Ability to take part in a training program (which includes a clinical skills examination and written examination) required.
- Ability to successfully pass NYS HHA certificate exam
- Display genuine concern for the elderly; a dependable, patient, and compassionate attitude towards residents.
Base wages increase with experience!
The Home Health Aide program requirements are:
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.
- Ability to pass a background check and physical.
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property through any current or previous licensing agency.
- Provide immunization records.
- Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.