Description: We are looking to welcome a remote Cloud Services Architect to join our Cloud Services Team at RSI.
In this role, you will develop and deliver agile and cost-effective hosting solutions that will allow the implementation of scalable, high performance hosting solutions that meet the need of today's digital applications using both commercial and government cloud technologies. You will plan and deliver legacy infrastructure transformation and migration to drive next-generation infrastructure and application modernization.
The Cloud Services Architect is responsible for cloud systems plans and strategy, design, development, and deployment of applications into a Cloud or Hybrid Cloud, and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing. The responsibilities for the role include architecting and leading the development and integration of cloud-based information and computer systems that meet specific needs. Our Cloud Services Architect is accountable for the end-to-end cloud deployment experience, from concept development to deployment.
Our role can be completed remotely from locations within the United States. The majority of the work will be completed during typical business hours in the Pacific time zone.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Azure architecture design, development, implementation, and maintenance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting cloud architecture design, development, implementation, and maintenance experience with Azure cloud-computing infrastructures
- Experience supporting highly distributed and fault tolerant applications
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional technology teams
- Experience utilizing AGILE development methodologies and Application Life-cycle Management.
- Experience working with programming languages such as JSON, .Net, Python
- Experience working with Terraform, Ansible etc
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Implementing automated security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation processes
- Defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging strategies across applications, systems, and services
- Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on cloud platforms
- Designing, managing, and maintaining tools to automate operational processes, backups, ensuring cloud service offerings provide highly available services
- Managing cloud integration and production service environment for a rapidly growing service model
- Strong technical competence and aptitude
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
- Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change
- Ability to balance and consider multiple issues and perspectives while focusing on the overall vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to executive team.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Previous hands-on experience with complex Enterprise solutions and business applications
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally
- Positive "can do" attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Professional Certification
RSI is an equal opportunity employer.