Adaugeo Healthcare is seeking a Medical Billing Support professional with outstanding customer service skills for a full time position. The right candidate will have a willingness to support the needs of both our internal and external customers as well as the goals of the job and the team.
In this role, you will provide prompt and courteous service to clients and patients in the areas of billing, payment posting, and customer service, perform data entry to accurately post payments and information to patient and client accounts and adhere to HIPAA policies to assure patient confidentiality. You will also ensure optimal and timely reimbursement from third party payers, be responsible for Accounts Receivable goals and denial management and perform retrospective analytics and data mining of information from billing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry and efficiently utilize clinic billing software programs as well as payer eligibility programs, etc.
- Accurately post payments to patient and client accounts; balancing and reconciliation.
- Provide exceptional service by telephone, e-mail and in person to external (patients) and internal (other departments, clinic staff, providers, etc.) customers.
- Understand basics of HCFA professional billing and reimbursement from insurance companies, CPT and ICD-10 coding, patient billing and collections.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA, HITECH and Medicare compliance, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of insurance billing policies.
- Work assigned past due accounts and make collection calls.
- Develop and document procedures as needed for new workflow processes.
- Analyze processes that impact accounts receivable and recommend solutions.
- Follow all established quality protocols.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Education: High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Experience: Understanding and experience with Business Math; Excellent Customer Service skills; basic keyboard and computer skills; accurate data entry.
- Training: We offer hands on individual training with a mentoring program to continue ongoing development.
We are a devoted team of professionals, working cohesively to build on our expertise as a work family since 2007. With a vibrant work culture focused on continually improving people and processes, our curiosity, persistence and positive attitudes are core strengths. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an ever-evolving learning and development program to foster career and personal growth. We truly value our employees.
Adaugeo Healthcare Solutions is part of a family owned and operated healthcare organization, providing collaborative support and corporate oversight to our family of companies. We are committed to operational excellence and cost-efficient administrative, technical and management services, including:
- Accounting and Finance
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Centralized Scheduling
- Certified Coding
- Clinic Administration
- Credentialing and Privileging
- Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Human Resources and Payroll
- IT Infrastructure
- Purchasing and Materials Management
- Quality Improvement
- Recruiting and Sourcing
- Software Development
Our family of companies also includes Praxis Health, the largest independent medical group in Oregon, and Interpath Laboratory, Inc., the Northwest's leading, innovative clinical and anatomic medical laboratory with over 90 locations across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Our organization has over 50 years of proven success as a multi-specialty healthcare delivery system, thanks to our amazing people who contribute passion, dedication and ingenuity every day. It's because of our people that we believe in putting people first!
Physical Demands: Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, sitting for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently life and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.