All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- $10,000 Sign on Bonus for eligible applicants
- $3000 Relocation for eligible applicants
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evenings 3:00pm-11:00pm. Plus Call required
The community you'll be caring for: AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E. Rollins Street Orlando, FL 32803
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368 bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatient and 125,000 outpatient each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Surgical First Assistant provides aid in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. The Surgical First Assistant also performs pre-operative and post-operative duties to better facilitate proper patient care. These functions are performed during the operation under the direction and supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations. Collaborates as part of the OR team to ensure efficient and timely room set up and turnover.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Utilizes physician preference cards to set up operating suites. May update and route cards appropriately, when instructed
- Determines appropriate surgical equipment and supplies, based on physician's preference
- Achieves temporary and permanent hemostasis by applying appropriate techniques
- Assists with body plane closures, wound dressing applications, and securing drainage systems
- Positions patients appropriately, uses stabilizing equipment when necessary, and prioritizes patient comfort and safety
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) as a Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), or through the National Surgical Association as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA), or American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA). In lieu of certification, previous documented experience as a surgeon.