$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
As a Hospice CNA you will provide activities of daily living (ADL) and end of life care and support to clients and families, in their home or in facilities. Will be responsible for providing care to clients who are current with hospice services. Care delivered will promote comfort and dignity and be in line with the hospice philosophy. All care provided will be authorized as acceptable for the level of care in which the employee is functioning. You will attend to client's needs wherever they call home. We provide one on one personal care with a personal touch. Care include assisting our clients with bathing and dressing, cooking meals, making beds, doing laundry and light housekeeping, even shopping and running errands. We may help them in and out of bed, in and out of the tub, or accompany them outside for a little sunshine. No matter how the day unfolds, we provide all care with love, compassion, integrity, and skill, knowing that because of us, our client had a better day.
What YOU will be responsible for:
- Responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care given.
- Assists, as needed, with personal care which may include bathing, comfort skin care, oral hygiene, changing bed linen and making an occupied bed as assigned.
- Assists, as needed, with feeding, passive range of motion and use of assistive transfer devices (i.e. a Hoyer lift) after the training and delegation by a licensed Integrity nurse.
- Performs various household duties essential to health care at home including, but not limited to, disposal of infectious waste, pest control, cleaning soiled linen, simple meal preparation, housekeeping and pet care, performs necessary errands and/or shops for essential items.
- Provides companionship for the client while primary caretaker is unavailable.
- Reports changes in patient's condition to the Hospice RN. Observes the caregiver and/or other individuals living with the patient for any interpersonal or coping issues, and shares information with appropriate team members.
- Participates in in-service programs and staff meetings, attends hospice IDG meetings as needed.
- Respectful of patient and family environment and personal needs.
- When needed will provide care to patients who are within 24-72 hours of end of life.
- Comfortable caring for patients who are facing the end of a terminal illness.
Education & Experience YOU should possess:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age, high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is required.
- Must meet at least one of the following:
- o Minimum six (6) months' paid experience as agency homemaker, nurse aide, maid or household worker;
- o Minimum one (1) year experience, paid or unpaid, in caring for children, the sick, the elderly or disabled;
- o Successful completion of formal course in basic nursing arts or nurse aide training.
- Employed with IHCH as a Nurse Aide for at least 90 days preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a home environment preferred, previous hospice experience is preferred.